Friday 4 May 2012

Like Minded Souls

I got to meet a couple online friends this week,  Sarah and Emma.  Sarah is a fellow graphic designer and business owner.  I've admired her work and how she's grown her business over the past couple of years.  We had connected via Twitter, Facebook and emails.

Last week Sarah had posted on her Facebook page that she needed some help with a craft project she was taking part in, in London.  I didn't really think it through as I found myself sending her a message saying I was interested!  I thought it would great to meet her and have an opportunity to do some crafting with her too.  I understand the value of getting out of the studio every now and then and connect with other creatives.  So important when you work from home.  I hadn't done that for a very long time and just grabbed the opportunity.

After a further few exchanges via email, we were set to go.  Sarah introduced me to her friend Emma via Twitter, who as also going to be there.  I was thrilled at the prospect of meeting other like minded souls and making new friends!  Networking.  That's what Dad always told me to do.  Networking, Di, you've got to network.
Card supplies: "Meadow" printables - my own design (in my online store soon), A6 card blanks - Create&Craft, ribbon - The Ribbon Reel, buttons - my own, Candi, fix, foam pads and other adhesive courtesy of Sarah - thanks for the goodie bag!
Imagine my delight when I found out the project was taking part in the filming of Kirstie Allsop's new craft series!   Oh I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a fan of Kirstie (and Phil!).  While I love Location, Location, Location, its her craft series that I love the most, obviously!  Perfect.  So having this opportunity to take part (in whatever way, and however small a part) was truly a bucket list moment for me.  And so unexpected.

 It was a great day.  Tiring.  Funny. Interesting. Thrilling.  The experience warrants a blog post on it's own and since the project is still ongoing, I'll do that post another day.  For now though, I'm just thankful and grateful that I trusted my gut and went for it.  I made new friends and came home extraordinarily inspired and motivated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it was great to meet you too Di, I'm glad your gut instinct told you to email me!

Looking forward to round 2 next week :o)

Have a wonderful long weekend

Sarah x